Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y for Yearned !!

Karan tried reaching out to Rajiv on the phone and when there was no response from him, he decided to go to his place. 

It was early morning. He was very sure he could get to meet Rajiv and he was proved right. As soon as he rang the bell, Rajiv opened the door. 

"Hi Rajiv. Got some time to talk?", Rajiv was surprised to see Karan at his door. 

"Yeah sure. Give me 5 minutes I will be ready."

As Karan waited on his bike, Rajiv came down and both of them drove to the tea point which they used to frequent previously. 

"Let me get straight to the point Rajiv. Mr. Mridul called me yesterday regarding your conversation with him. I was curious to know why did you want to talk to the MD personally.", Karan did not want to beat around the bush. 

"I am not surprised he called you Karan. In fact I knew he would call you with this information. I wanted to talk to their MD and convey my inability to continue with the team."

"Rajiv, I have been asking you the same question again and again. I still feel we can settle our differences and get this on track. I am sure you must have noticed how positive the Mumbai team is about our business idea.". 

"I am not really sure if we can go back to that Karan. Any business or for that matter any partnership is built on trust. We have already failed each other once . I am not sure if we can take the big step forward when we don't have trust in ourselves.", Rajiv wanted to be straightforward. 

"I don't think we have gone to the extent of breaking each other's trust Rajiv. If that was the case, I am sure both of us would not be sitting here now and discussing this and I am also sure every partnership has its own share of ups and downs before it succeeds." 

"All that sounds good in theory Karan. But imagine the same incident happening two months into our business when we have committed ourselves to it. That would be catastrophic for both of us.", Rajiv replied.

"I am sure we will learn from our experience Rajiv", Karan felt the discussion was going in the right direction. 

"Let me think over this Karan. I am still not convinced about this", Rajiv sounded cautious. 

"I have an idea Rajiv. Let me know if you like it. Let us take this step by step.  As the first step, I feel we should talk to the Mumbai team and tell them we are ready for the final presentation. Both of us shall be part of the call."

Karan continued as Rajiv nodded his approval. " If the Mumbai team are ready to take our idea to the next stage, let us then get into the nuances of our partnership and how we can avoid a repeat of such incidents."

Rajiv seemed to be okay with the idea of taking it one step at a time. After all, the final presentation would also give him a chance to showcase his contribution to the team. 

"And just to let you know, I had a talk with Kumar yesterday. We caught up after a long time and I think we have managed to start the process of trying to bury our past issues." Karan did not want to let Rajiv know about it through anybody else. 

"Oh okay. Its been a long time I met with Kumar. He seems to be pretty busy these days.", Rajiv's reply was more like a question, but Karan did not bother to reply. 

"Let me call up Mr. Mridul and tell him the latest development. Let us ask him to schedule a call with Mr. Sudheer later in the evening so that we can update him on the same.", Karan listened as Rajiv outlined their plan for the day. 

"We will also have to call a meeting with our team and start preparing for the final presentation. Lets make sure we showcase our best in the final presentation.", Karan said it with an air of his rediscovered confidence. 

Later that evening, Karan and Rajiv were sitting in the restaurant along with their entire team. The call with Mr. Sudheer was positive and they now had a date set for their final presentation in Mumbai. 

"Make sure you put your best efforts. I am sure my team will be happy to work with you." was Sudheer's final comment during the call. 

As Karan drove back home, he was elated. The meeting with the team went well. Everybody in the team sounded very excited and were ready for the challenge. Karan started to feel good about the whole day. 

The moment he had always yearned for was finally coming true. 

As Karan zipped through the night roads, it started to rain. 


Liking this post to the  A to Z Challenge

Click here for the last part Z for Zestful


0 comments:

Post a Comment