Wednesday, April 8, 2015

G for Guilt !!

"Well done Rajiv. I am glad you took the right decision." Kumar said, raising his voice to be heard over the loud music in the bar.Rajiv came to meet him as soon as Karan left.

When Kumar first spoke to him against Karan, Rajiv was absolutely livid with Kumar."I have spent enough time with Karan to understand him. I am sure he would never ever think of doing something like this. You should have seen him during various discussions with the team. Karan is passionate about this idea and I trust him to take it forward".

"Enough time?" Kumar asked sarcastically. You two have been interacting for the last 6 months and you claim that is enough time?", Kumar mocked Rajiv.

"Don't forget I and Karan have spent two years studying together in the same college. We were part of the same team as well and you have to realize I know a lot more about him than you think you do."

"That was almost an year back Kumar. Karan might have changed a lot." Rajiv replied. " After all you two have not been talking since your graduation ceremony."

This discussion had taken place almost a month back. Though Rajiv was vehemently denying it, Kumar knew that their first discussion had sown the seed of doubt in Rajiv's mind. After that it was just a matter of two meetings at their regular hangout - "Discovery Bar" before Rajiv had fallen for his trap.

Kumar knew Rajiv was his best bet to play spoilsport with Karan's plans. Kumar and Rajiv were friends through a common friend. When he learnt of Rajiv's partnership with Karan, Kumar made sure he got every detail about the project. Once he knew the details he set about to trap Rajiv and derail Karan's grand plan.

Back in the bar, Rajiv was talking, "when you spoke about it for the first time I thought you were being cynical about Karan. In fact I decided not to meet you too often." Rajiv was beginning to feel the effect of his drink. "Thank God I met you Kumar. Otherwise Karan would have ruined my life. I trusted him blindly and did not notice his intentions. Thank you Kumar, thank you so much. I owe you a drink bro."

"What are friends for if we cant help each other", Kumar looked Rajiv in the eye while he spoke. "I just told you what I know about him. I am happy you read the situation and took the right decision." Kumar called for the waiter to get the bill." The drinks are on me Kumar. I owe you a drink." Rajiv said, struggling to stand up

Kumar looked at Rajiv and smiled to himself. " That was so easy Rajiv. Thank You", the words coming out as a mere whisper. 

As Kumar walked back to his parked car, he was in jolly spirits. His mission of getting back at Karan had just started. Normal people might feel bad about planning some body's failure but Karan was not just somebody and Kumar was not normal either. 

Kumar tried to recollect the word that defined that feeling when it struck him suddenly. Guilt !! yes that is what they call it. 

Feeling guilty was the last thing on Kumar's mind. Guilt was an emotion which had no place in Kumar's life especially when it was about Karan.


Linking the post to the A to Z Challenge

Read the next part here H for Happy

0 comments:

Post a Comment